Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dreams can come true: Local Michigan man becomes Movie Star

The Detroit Free Press: Troy car guy becomes Sundance movie guy  - READ ARTICLE HERE


This is a wonderful story about a great guy that received a once in a lifetime opportunity! The article not only inspires me because it's an example of how anything is possible, but because the article is about a good friend of mine Ian Minicuci. I met Ian last year working on a 48 hour film competition. We worked some long hours together during the competition and ironically ended up spending some time together as background extras on a movie called "Real Steel" starring Hugh Jackman for the next couple of weeks following the challenge. We had discussed our experiences in the industry and Ian modestly said that he had only worked on one project titled "Cedar Rapids." At the time, I assumed he meant that he was a background extra. I've come to notice in my brief career in the Michigan Film Industry that most of us that work on big films have typically only been extras, but not Ian! Ian actually plays a character named "Perry" in the film, but he had played the whole experience down as not to brag about his major accomplishment. I definitely think we could all learn from his approach, especially myself. I'm actually still waiting for him to get an ego, but it's just not in his nature haha. Ian is a funny, outgoing, modest, and an all around great guy. I am grateful to have him as a friend and I'm so happy and proud of his accomplishment.


check him out in theaters Feb 11th, 2011 Starring Ed Helms and John C Reilly!

If you live in Michigan, the release date is Feb 18th, 2011



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqFUWbITug






No comments:

Post a Comment